Belize, a classic offshore jurisdiction and the only English speaking country in Latin America and it is bordered to the north by Mexico, to the south and west by Guatemala and to the east by the Caribbean Sea.
Belize is not only known for its extreme biodiversity and distinctive ecosystems but also for its friendly business environment, one that is strongly encouraged by its government. The following seeks to offer an overview into the benefits and process of incorporating your business in Belize.
Benefits of company registration in Belize:
- International Business Companies (IBCs) registered in Belize are exempted from local corporate income tax on their foreign-sourced income
- Only one director and one shareholder of any nationality is required for the formation
- USD $1 – the Minimum Capital required to form a Belize IBC
- No capital gains tax or any relevant withholding taxes on dividend distributions or interest payments for IBCs
- No financial statements required when filing for annual returns
- Full confidentiality and security as the disclosure of the details of beneficial owners is not required and assets are protected from confiscation or expropriation orders by any foreign government
- Documents can be filed remotely
Closer Partners provides the following services in Belize:
- Company formation
- Provision of registered agent and registered address
- Provision of company management, directorship and shareholding services
- License application assistance
- Formation of offshore mutual funds
- Offshore bank account introductions and applications
- Virtual office services and other corporate services
|Belize International Business Company Legislation||Business Companies Act of 2000|
|Time to Incorporate||1 week|
|Corporate Structure of a Belize IBC||Only one director and one shareholder required (can be the same individual).
No residency requirement for director(s) and shareholder(s).
|Privacy and Confidentiality||No information of the beneficiaries are on public record.|
|Share Capital of a Belize IBC||Standard share capital of US$50,000 divided into 50,000 shares of USD $1 each.
At least one share must be issued.
Shares may be issued with or without par value.
|Financial Statements||No filing requirements. A share register for the entity must be kept but need not be held in Belize.|
|Director(s) and Shareholder(s) annual meeting||Not required.|
|Restriction||A Belize IBC will not be able to conduct business with Belize residents or corporations.|
|Company Documents||· Certificate of Incorporation
· Memorandum and Articles of Association
· Letter of appointment of first director
· Share Certificates
· Register of Shareholders
· Register of Directors
· Certificate of Incumbency
- Submit your interest here
- Our Offshore Formation Specialists will reach out to you for an in-depth discussion
- A customised proposal will be sent to you upon uncovering your needs,
- Upon the proposal confirmation, we will require the of the following information for the application
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Residence (within the last 3 months)
- shareholder(s) and
- beneficial owner(s)
Once the above has been approved, we will send you an invoice for payment.
The incorporation process will commence upon receiving payment